Ziehm Orthoscan Inc. a North Scottsdale Medical Device manufacturer located off the loop 101 and Raintree, is currently seeking a motivated, career-oriented professional with a positive can-do attitude to join our team as a full-time Software Engineering Manager.
Why Work for Ziehm Orthoscan Inc.?
There's something special about our Company. There's a sense of pride that comes from building a product that helps improve people’s lives and making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals. We know the success of the Company depends on every employee in our organization, it is our people who make the difference.
We are on a new journey of growth, building on our assets: our brand, our financial strength, our global reach, and the strong commitment of our management and employees. Our journey focuses on leveraging our strengths to become a truly sustainable growth company and, ultimately, one of the most respected companies in the world.
What do we offer?
- The challenge of meaningful work - we offer constant opportunities to grow and develop world-class skills and a truly rewarding career.
- A unique culture where people convert their passion into action.
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
- Nine paid holidays plus a generous PTO and vacation time plan.
- Great benefit plans, major medical, dental and vision.
- Company 401(k) plan with an employer match.
What do we expect from you?
- The ability to contribute, to make a difference and have a tangible impact - turning your passion into action.
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work.
- A spirit of collaboration - you thrive when you work with a diverse range of people with different views, perspectives and priorities.
- The ability to perform the job duties successfully.
Supervises the Field Service Operations, including Regional Service Managers and Field Service Engineers. Administers the instillation, troubleshooting and technical solutions of products/equipment to ensure and deliver the highest level of quality to the customer. Determines and recommends optimal and best FSE deployment based on considerations of response time, skills, abilities, travel expense and overtime considerations.
- Manage and ensure the essential duties of the Regional Service Managers/Field service Engineers job functions are completed to obtain optimum performance and customer satisfaction
- Provides management with ongoing suggestions regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and product improvements
- Maintains departmental efficiency financials relative to P&L (i.e., costs revenues) and control of overtime expenses.
- Establishes standards for ensuring all customer complaints are handled in an expedient and professional manner
- Ensures metrics are reviewed and visible with all reports turned in as scheduled
- Ensures all assigned tasks are completed
- Must be able to handle stress positively, effectively and in the way most appropriately for the benefit of the customer, department, and company. Able to positively respond to change and handle other tasks assigned
- Maintains compliance to work instructions, SOP’s and all Quality Policies
- Manages, leads, coaches, and develops team members on an ongoing basis using a continuous improvement methodology and mindset
- Participate and support company and department audits
- Support and maintain safety compliance
- Drives Service Contract capture and growth initiatives
- Organize and conduct site visits with field team members, sales and customers as required
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in electronics, electrical engineering, computer science, and/or other closely related technical degree preferred
- Science degree/years of experience can be evaluated
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Field Engineer for medical digital imaging systems and general fluoroscopy equipment.
- Minimum 5 years management experience with a manufacturing and/or service environment.
Desirable Skills and Competencies:
- Electronics certification from a trade school preferred or other formalized training and completion of electronics theory and applications through the military.
- Advanced knowledge of digital and analog circuitry, medical digital imaging systems, general fluoroscopy, extensive computer knowledge, MS Office suite.
- Work closely with users in the office environment and speaks with outside vendors.
- Long hours and willingness to work overtime as dictated by departmental needs
- Extensive travel may be required, overnight stays, both domestically and internationally.
We support a drug free work environment
Notice: COVID-19 vaccination requirement
Employment with Ziehm Orthoscan, Inc. in the Americas Region is conditional on the successful candidate providing acceptable documented proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus or approval of a recognized exemption prior to employment start date. This employment requirement is subject to local, state and federal laws and public health orders governing the subject.